Contents insurance is recommended if the property you let is furnished. You are only responsible to insure your own furnishings and belongings, however, as it is the tenant’s responsibility to cover their own contents.

£7,500 of contents cover is included with a Homeprotect buy-to-let policy. If you require more, you can increase your cover under a building and contents insurance policy.