Your landlord is typically the one responsible for buildings insurance. Any damage to the property caused by floods should be handled by the landlord and their home insurer.   

If you live in rented accommodation, as well as contacting your home insurance provider if any of your belongings have been damaged in the flood, you need to contact your landlord/buildings manager to discuss what actions are being taken to repair any damage to the property or to re-house you if necessary. Alternative accommodation after a flood may be arranged by your landlord’s building insurance provider.