In a nutshell, yes. Self-build insurance should be taken out to protect your project from risks such as flood and fire. You may also need to look into the employer’s liability insurance for builders under your direction. If you are building a home using non-standard materials, then you should certainly take out specialist insurance. Once the property is completed, then you can apply for a home Home Insurance with Homeprotect.