A holiday home refers to any secondary property used for holidays and short breaks. Some of the common properties that may need holiday letting insurance include:   

  • UK holiday homes – a second home in the UK used for short stays and vacations.  
  • Overseas holiday homes – properties abroad, for example in France or Spain, only visited for short stays a few times a year. (Please note, Homeprotect doesn’t offer overseas holiday home insurance.)
  • Holiday cottage insurancesmall properties, typically in the UK, used for holidays. Homeprotect doesn’t offer ‘cottage insurance’ specifically, but your holiday cottage can be insured under our home insurance.  
  • Chalet insurance– owned holiday chalets should be insured to protect against damage or theft.  We can cover chalets, as long as they have fixed foundations, under our home insurance.