What’s the difference between buildings insurance and contents insurance?
Buildings insurance covers the structure of the home together with its fixtures and fittings: it covers the cost of repair or rebuilding after fire or weather damage for instance. Contents insurance covers the contents of your home, the possessions you would take with you if you moved house.
How do I find out when my property was built?
When you purchased the property a homebuyer’s survey is likely to have included the date of construction.
Your local authority may have a record of when planning permission was granted to build the property.
Your neighbours may have an idea of when the property was built.
Note: A rough estimate of the property construction date is enough for the purposes of getting your home insurance quote.
If you have a heritage property, here are some steps to take:
- Search for your property for free in the 1862 Act register on Land Registry’s digital archives (at https://www.gov.uk/1862-act-register).
- Look at the architectural style and features of the house, particularly the roof and windows.
- Check your county record offices, local parish records or ask to view local archives at your library.
- Look for old copies of Ordnance Survey maps for your area (local library).
- Google for a local historian or a historical society and contact them to see if they can help you.
- Look at census data between 1841 and 1911 to find the first year that the address was mentioned.
Will my Buildings Insurance cover my outbuildings, such as the garage and shed?
Yes. All domestic garages, outbuildings, sheds, extensions and conservatories fall under the definition of Buildings and are covered by your Buildings insurance. Please check that the level of cover included in the policy is enough to rebuild all your outbuildings.
Easy process changing my policy to my new home with a friendly knowledgeable team. Trustpilot, 1 August 2017
Recently had cause to query what is covered and what not on my policy following heavy storm. Staff guided me through the process with kindness and understanding that not all elderly people get to grips with the terminology of policy in the pages of print. Following more explanation of paper work I felt heaps better and had the experience of knowing the team I would be speaking to if needed to contact again. Had I needed to claim, they were already set in action for a swift outcome. On this occasion it was not necessary but nice to know they were there to help. Trustpilot, 10 March 2017
Really pleasantly surprised at the attitude of this company - couldn't have been more helpful in starting a new policy. Situation was not straightforward but the representative referred to a supervisor when in doubt and a positive response was given very quickly. Impressive! Trustpilot, 18 April 2017