Converted Barn Insurance FAQs
What type of barn do you insure?
There are three main types of barn conversions in the UK: box construction barns, cruck framed barns, post and truss barns. We are able to provide insurance cover for all three. Even if your property does not fall into one of these categories, we can most likely offer you a quote for buildings and/or contents cover. Use the online quote service to get started, or contact our Customer Services team with any questions.
How do I work out the rebuild cost of my conversion?
If your property is of non-standard construction or is a listed building, you will need to arrange for a professional chartered surveyor to make an assessment and provide an accurate rebuild cost.
Why would I choose HomeProtect?
We make it easy for you to get an online quote, even if you have what other insurers would consider complex arrangements, such as the way you use the property, or how the property is built.
Our customers tell us that they choose HomeProtect because:
- Underwritten by reputable insurers
- Defaqto 5 Star cover on both Buildings and Contents insurance policies
- Highly recommended by our customers – Rated 86% (Great) based on over 1,100 reviews via independent review website Trustpilot
- 92% Claims satisfaction rate – Based on 57 reviews collected Feb-April 2015, AXA policies.
- 24/7 Claims hotline
- UK based friendly customer services team
- Online access to policy documents