Quick quotes for home insurance with convictions
We know that searching for home insurance conviction quotes can be a challenge, particularly when you are faced with delicate situations such as declaring criminal convictions. When it comes to protecting your property and its contents, we’ve got you covered. We provide online home insurance quotes for ex-offenders with unspent criminal convictions in next to no time.
For more details on home insurance conviction cover and making a declaration, download this guide in consultation with the ABI (Association of British Insurers):
- A summary for ex-offenders with unspent criminal convictions
- A detailed guide for ex-offenders with unspent criminal convictions
Not sure that your conviction has been spent? Check now using the Disclosure Calculator
Declare your conviction
If you or anyone living at the property has a criminal conviction, you must declare it. You may be at risk of your insurance provider cancelling or refusing to renew your policy because of the non-disclosure. In some cases you might also find that your policy could include a more expensive excess, which means you would be liable to pay more in the event of a claim.
Get a quote online for your home today, it’s quick and easyGet a quote!
Declare tenants with convictions
If you are a landlord then you must also declare tenants with convictions. This may be easier said than done, as tenants are not always comfortable with sharing this information. Unfortunately, if your tenants haven’t been honest about criminal convictions they have and this information is discovered during a claim, this could mean that you will find it very difficult to get let property insurance in the future.
You’re not alone
At HomeProtect, we are discreet and do our best to provide quality insurance for all – including you! Read our case studies to find out how other customers were struggling to get home insurance with convictions before they found HomeProtect.
Following the release from prison of our son, I was denied cover.. Called HomeProtect.. Got cover including my son and a saving of £800!
Don’t chance it! Make your declaration with confidence
- We work closely with Unlock to ensure that insurance for ex-offenders is available
- Our online quotation service is designed to cover a whole range of complex and/or unusual home insurance situations
- We sponsor the Disclosure Calculator, managed by Unlock, the charity for people with convictions
- All information you disclose is stored securely and not shared with any other organisations
Prefer to talk to us?
Our friendly team can answer your questions
0330 660 1000
9am - 8pm Monday-Friday
9am - 1pm Saturday
My policy was so easy to setup online and they were very competitively priced, it is the right balance of ease of use and value for money. 01 January 2015
Quick and easy to use with easy to read policy online in an instant! First class service. 12 December 2014
Really easy to get the cover I needed, friendly staff with no hassle. Would definitely recommend. 7 August 2015
5 most frequently asked questions
It also means that, if you make a claim, and the truth is revealed this may mean that your claim unfortunately won’t be paid.
- The name of the criminal offence
- The year of conviction
- The year of offence (most recent offence related to the conviction)
- Sentence type
- If a prison sentence: how many months?
- If a fine: how much?
- If community service: how many hours?
- If conditional/unconditional discharge: how many months?
View more questions