Buildings Insurance covers the main structure of your home. If it were to subside, burn down or be damaged or destroyed by extreme weather, your policy covers the costs of rebuilding or repair. It also covers any permanent fixtures in your home like built-in wardrobes, fitted carpets, kitchen surfaces, taps, basins, baths and showers.

Homeprotect Buildings Insurance also covers outbuildings, boundary walls, gates and the cost of temporary alternative accommodation should your home be uninhabitable following a claim.

Contents Insurance insures all the belongings in your home that are not attached to the property. Contents are the items that you would take with you when you move home. This includes: your furniture, rugs, laptop, tablet, entertainment equipment, CDs, DVDs, games, valuables, clothing, personal belongings – even the food in your freezer! You may be asked to specify certain items (such as bikes, electronic gadgets and high risk items) on the policy. You may also be asked to make additional security provisions such as locks or a burglar alarm if you live in an area with a high theft rate.

See our policy booklet or login to see your policy documents for full details and exclusions.