Thank you for the tough and

valuable work you're doing

Our home insurance for foster carers is designed specially for you.

  • Cover for short and long-term placements.
  • Accidental damage cover included.
  • Defaqto 5 Star rated.
Get a quote!

Home insurance for foster carers

We take foster children into account as if they were your own

We know that you treat your foster children as a part of the family. That’s why we make it as easy as possible for foster carers to gain home insurance. Unlike many other insurers, we don’t single you out with hard questions. At HomeProtect:

  • Foster children count as family members.
  • Foster care is not considered a home business.
  • Unless foster care is your primary occupation, you don’t need to declare it.

That means that all your foster children and their possessions can be included under your home insurance policy, just as they should be. We can provide a quote even if you are fostering in the short-term.

Foster care home insurance

What is foster care?

Becoming a foster parent can be a life changing experience, not only for you but also for the young people in your care.

Read the article

Protecting the whole family

If you are sharing your home by fostering children, then it’s important to make sure that someone is also supporting you, protecting your home and your belongings. HomeProtect can offer competitive online quotes for foster parent home insurance in just a few clicks.

Making sense of finances

Foster carers often receive a weekly allowance to support childcare. This can raise questions about whether fostering is classed as an occupation. But when it comes to getting foster care home insurance from us, this is not classed as working from home.

If you do also run a business from home, however, then we can still provide a quote that is tailored to meet your needs.

What our customers say

Your questions answered

Foster care insurance

Foster carer insurance FAQs

We’ve prepared some helpful answers to your questions about foster carer insurance, and about how our policy works.

Learn more

Thank goodness HomeProtect would offer me home insurance as a foster carer at a competitive price! Great work HomeProtect

Customer on, May 2018

Prefer to talk to us?

Our friendly team can answer your questions

0330 660 1000 9am - 8pm Monday-Friday
9am - 1pm Saturday

You might be interested in…

Smart Lock Insurance

Christmas gifts warning from the ABI

Saturday, 24 November 2012

Insurers have urged householders to keep Christmas gifts secure after dealing with claims totalling £35m in the UK last December.

Continue Reading
Smart Lock Insurance

Schoolchildren carry valuables worth £1.8 billion

Saturday, 18 March 2017

Many parents believe that their child’s possessions are covered under the same insurance policy as the family home, but this is not always true

Continue Reading
Smart Lock Insurance

Bicycles were Number 1 insurance claim in 2017

Monday, 26 June 2017

UK research shows that bikes were the item most targeted by thieves but only 5% of cyclists have adequate insurance

Continue Reading

Need foster carer insurance? Get a quote, it only takes 10 mins

Get a quote