Underpinned House Insurance
Living in a house that has been underpinned in the past shouldn't stop you from protecting it
Insuring your underpinned home with excellent levels of cover
- Basic Legal Expenses cover included
- Basic Home Emergency cover included
- Defaqto 5 Star rated home insurance
- New for old contents cover
What is underpinning of a house?
Underpinning is the strengthening of the foundations of a house. This can be necessary when the usage of a building changes or when the structure has been weakened or damaged, usually by weather conditions.
Homes that have been underpinned can cause headaches when it comes to buying home insurance. Mainstream insurance companies will either refuse to provide a quote or quote a very expensive price with a very long list of exclusions and conditions. This is because insurers use the fact of the property being underpinned as an indicator that subsidence might happen again.
Ready for a refreshing change?
When you apply for home insurance for your underpinned home with us, you’ll experience a breath of fresh air. Firstly, you enter all your details into the online quote form. Then one of our in-house underwriters will assess your property and risks surrounding repeat subsidence issues and then we will offer you a tailored policy at a competitive rate. This process typically takes only a couple of days.
Excellent levels of cover
Home insurance offered by HomeProtect is rated 5 Star by Defaqto, an independent financial research company. This indicates that the policy includes excellent levels of cover for a wide range of features, in fact one of the best offerings in the market. Letting you relax, knowing that your home insurance will help out should the worst happen.
To get a quote, you'll need to know:
- Facts about the building’s history including the year that the building was underpinned
- Details of all claims made, including those relating to any subsidence events.
- What was the cause of the subsidence
- Do you know if there has been any ground movement since the event
- Do you have any documentation to confirm that there have been no problems since the event