Underpinned House Insurance

Living in a house that has been underpinned in the past shouldn't stop you from protecting your property and your belongings. We can help
Get a quote! Retrieve your quote

Insuring your underpinned home with excellent levels of cover

insurance for underpinned homes
  • Basic Legal Expenses cover included
  • Basic Home Emergency cover included
  • Defaqto 5 Star rated home insurance
  • New for old contents cover

What is underpinning of a house?

Underpinning is the strengthening of the foundations of a house. This can be necessary when the usage of a building changes or when the structure has been weakened or damaged, usually by weather conditions.

Homes that have been underpinned can cause headaches when it comes to buying home insurance. Mainstream insurance companies will either refuse to provide a quote or quote a very expensive price with a very long list of exclusions and conditions. This is because insurers use the fact of the property being underpinned as an indicator that subsidence might happen again.

Ready for a refreshing change?

When you apply for home insurance for your underpinned home with us, you’ll experience a breath of fresh air. Firstly, you enter all your details into the online quote form. Then one of our in-house underwriters will assess your property and risks surrounding repeat subsidence issues and then we will offer you a tailored policy at a competitive rate. This process typically takes only a couple of days.

Excellent levels of cover

Home insurance offered by HomeProtect is rated 5 Star by Defaqto, an independent financial research company. This indicates that the policy includes excellent levels of cover for a wide range of features, in fact one of the best offerings in the market. Letting you relax, knowing that your home insurance will help out should the worst happen.

Start your quote online, it’s refreshingly quick and simple

Get a quote!
Our claim was handled sensitively and professionally. The money was received promptly as well! I would recommend using HomeProtect.
accidental damage cover

Accidental Damage cover

The HomeProtect policy will (in most cases) include a Basic level of Accidental Damage, which covers windows, double glazing, sanitary ware, ceramic hobs, domestic oil pipes, underground water-supply pipes, gas pipes and cables. You can upgrade to Full Accidental Damage cover.

legal expenses cover

Legal Expenses cover

Your policy includes Basic Legal Expenses cover which provides up to £25,000 for legal fees you may face for disputes associated with your home; such as ownership of the insured property and the sale or purchase of the insured property. You can upgrade to Full Legal Expenses cover.

home emergency cover

Home Emergency cover

The insurance policy includes Basic Home Emergency cover which provides cover for common home emergencies including burst pipes; failure of the water, gas or electricity supply; removal of pests or vermin and roof damage. You can upgrade to Full Home Emergency cover.

To get a quote, you'll need to know:

  • Facts about the building’s history including the year that the building was underpinned
  • Details of all claims made, including those relating to any subsidence events.
  • What was the cause of the subsidence
  • Do you know if there has been any ground movement since the event
  • Do you have any documentation to confirm that there have been no problems since the event

If you’re ready, get a quote now 

Satisfied customers

Been with Home Protect for 3 years and they still beat their competitors on price and service. Trustpilot
Very easy site to use to get your quote, so much so i took out two policies in a matter of days. Very competitive on price too. I would definitely recommend. Trustpilot
This is our second year with homeprotect, great affordable insurance always near the top on comparison sites and has a lot of of extras included in the price. Trustpilot