Underpinned house insurance
Insuring an underpinned house
Owning an underpinned home – known in the insurance industry as a Previously Underpinned Property or PUP – can be a headache when it comes to buying home insurance. Mainstream insurance providers will either refuse to provide a quote or quote a very expensive price with a very long list of exclusions and conditions. This is because insurers use the fact of the property being underpinned as an indicator that subsidence might happen again.
Ready for a refreshing change?
When you apply for home insurance for your underpinned home with us, you’ll experience a breath of fresh air. Firstly, you enter all your details into the online quote form. Then one of our in-house underwriters will assess your property and the risk of repeat problems occurring and then offer you a tailored policy at a competitive rate. This process typically takes only a couple of days.
To get a quote, you'll need to know:
- Facts about the building’s history including the year that the building was underpinned.
- Details of all claims made, including those relating to any subsidence events.
- What was the cause of the subsidence.
- If there has been any ground movement since the event.
- If you any documentation to confirm that there have been no problems since the previous ground movement event, then you will be requested to provide that.
Excellent levels of cover
Home insurance offered by HomeProtect is rated 5 Star by Defaqto, an independent financial research company. This indicates that the policy includes excellent levels of cover for a wide range of features, in fact one of the best offerings in the market, letting you relax in the knowledge that your home insurance will help out should the worst happen.