Tenant insurance

Protect your belongings against theft or damage with a 5 Star contents insurance policy

What is tenant insurance?

If you’re renting, tenant insurance is a type of cover that will protect your belongings. Most of us would struggle to replace our possessions if they were stolen or damaged, which is why contents insurance for tenants is so essential.

Your belongings are classed as all the items you would take with you when you move home. You will need to work out how much your belongings would cost to replace as new, as a HomeProtect policy will pay out on a new for old basis, which means that if you make a claim you will receive the full value of the item at today’s prices.

Remember, your landlord has a responsibility to have buildings insurance to protect against damage to the structure of the property and its fixtures, such as kitchen units, flooring and bathroom units, but your belongings are your responsibility.

Tenants insurance

A guide to tenants' responsibilities

Most of your responsibilities as a tenant fall into two principle categories: paying rent and bills, and looking after the property.

Read the article

What does tenant contents insurance cover?

insure my gadgets

Gadget insurance

Read more
insure my watch

Watch insurance

Read more
Jewellery insurance

Jewellery insurance

Read more
bicycle insurance

Bicycle insurance

Read more
High risk contents

High risk contents insurance

Read more
Questions on a notepad

Contents insurance FAQs

Read more

What our customers say

Your questions answered

Renters insurance

Tenant insurance FAQs

We’ve prepared some helpful answers to your questions about tenant contents insurance, and about how our policy works.

Learn more

At a very distressing time you dealt with my claim very quickly and the payment was in my account in days. I would definitely recommend HomeProtect to everyone. 

Renewing later?

Which month does your home insurance renew?

Tell us to receive special offers from us by email at the right time.

Plus we'll enter you in a £100 voucher prize draw now!

Need tenant insurance? Get a quote, it only takes 10 mins

Get a quote