Airbnb host home insurance
Quick and easy to buy online
- Airbnb and private rooms covered.
- Up to £5m public liability cover for guests.
- Defaqto 5 Star rated Buildings cover.
- Underwritten by AXA Insurance.
Airbnb insurance UK
Buildings and contents home insurance for Airbnb hosts
We cover Airbnb hosts!
Becoming an Airbnb host can provide a great revenue stream for many. However, it’s important to take steps to make sure that your property is looked after when you have strangers staying there. Standard house insurance is not suitable when you are opening your home up to paying guests, as this does bring certain risks and responsibilities with it.
Protect your home
Here at HomeProtect we understand the unique nature of Airbnb rentals, so whether you’re renting your house or just a room, we can help.
Protect yourself and your guests
HomeProtect home insurance policies for Airbnb hosts include up to £5 million public liability cover as standard.
Airbnb insurance: key points
- Public liability insurance up to £5 million to cover accidents involving Airbnb guests at your home.
- Buildings insurance up to £500,000, more available if necessary.
- 12 month guarantee on repairs undertaken as a result of a claim.
- Business admin equipment for your Airbnb rentals covered, including computers, printers and photocopiers.
- Protection against accidents to domestic staff employed in connection with your Airbnb business included.
What our customers say
Your questions answered
How does my home insurance work with Airbnb?
HomeProtect home insurance policies are available to homeowners who are Airbnb hosts. Just let us know this by selecting, “Bed & breakfast guests” amongst the answers you give to the question “Who lives at the property?” when you get an online quote.
Do I need home insurance given there is the Airbnb Host Guarantee?
As Airbnb says, “The Host Guarantee should not be considered a replacement or stand-in for homeowners or renters insurance,” and it does not cover communal areas of your property. Home insurance protects your property against a wide range of risks, giving you peace of mind that you’re covered should the unthinkable happen.
Will my home insurance be invalid if I start letting out rooms on Airbnb?
It may well be if you don't tell your insurer. Your home insurance provider will have taken a number of risk factors into account when calculating your premium such as the location of your property, its rebuild cost, the value of your home’s contents, and how many people live there. Airbnb rentals change these details and introduce different risks, and that’s why you need to let your insurer know that you’ve become an Airbnb host.