Unoccupied house insurance
Easy to buy online
- Furnished and unfurnished cover.
- Holiday homes, empty houses, vacant on extended holiday and empty between tenants all covered.
- Defaqto 5 Star rated.
Unoccupied property insurance
Protect your empty residential property with vacant property insurance
Buildings insurance for unoccupied property
A typical insurance policy does not provide adequate cover for vacant homes, which are usually classed as being left empty for 30 consecutive days or more.
Vacant property insurance from HomeProtect includes:
- Up to £500,000 for insured loss or damage to the structure of your property or permanent fixtures.
- Up to £25,000 legal expenses cover to pay for legal support for property disputes and contract disputes.
- Access to a 24/7 home emergency helpline, plus up to £600 cover to temporarily fix burst pipes, roof damage or failure of utilities.
- Cover for renovations with a one-off fee (for any duration of building works).
Do I need unoccupied home insurance?
The price of cover is determined by a range of factors, such as the rebuild cost of the property, its location, security and, of course, the reason it's empty.
Insuring an unoccupied property with HomeProtect can also cover renovations for as long as you need, or can protect a vacant house during probate. We can insure the building and any contents, and will also protect against common claims such as malicious damage, vandalism or fire.