Unoccupied Property Insurance
Protect your empty residential property and it's contents with vacant property insurance
Buildings insurance for unoccupied property
A typical insurance policy does not provide adequate cover for vacant homes, which are usually classed as being left empty for 30 consecutive days or more.
Vacant property insurance from HomeProtect includes:
- Up to £500,000 for insured loss or damage to the structure of your property or permanent fixtures.
- Up to £25,000 legal expenses cover to pay for legal support for property disputes and contract disputes.
- Access to a 24/7 home emergency helpline, plus up to £600 cover to temporarily fix burst pipes, roof damage or failure of utilities.
- Cover for renovations with a one-off fee (for any duration of building works).
Do I need unoccupied home insurance?
There are many situations that cause you to leave your home empty, including:
- Properties undergoing renovations
- Holiday homes empty in the off-season
- Let properties vacant between tenants
- Long overseas holidays
The price of cover is determined by a range of factors, such as the rebuild cost of the property, it's location, security, and of course the reason it is empty.
Unoccupied property insurance from HomeProtect can cover renovations for as long as you need, or can protect a vacant house during probate. We can insure the building and any contents, and will also protect against common claims such as malicious damage, vandalism or fire.
What our customers say
Your questions answered
Prefer to talk to us?
Our friendly team can answer your questions
0330 660 1000 9am - 8pm Monday-Friday
9am - 1pm Saturday
Which month does your home insurance renew?
Tell us to receive special offers from us by email at the right time.
Plus we'll enter you in a £100 voucher prize draw now!