Unoccupied Property Insurance
Protect your empty residential property and its contents with vacant property insurance
Buildings insurance for unoccupied property
If you claim on your standard insurance but the property has been left empty for 30 days or more then your insurer is unlikely to be able to pay out. This is because a typical insurance policy does not provide adequate cover for vacant homes, and why you must take out unoccupied home insurance.
You can get a specialist unoccupied buildings insurance quote for your empty property through HomeProtect.
Why is unoccupied home insurance useful?
We understand that there are many situations that cause you to leave your home empty, including:
- Properties being renovated
- Holiday homes empty in the off-season
- Let properties vacant between tenants
- Long overseas holidays
The price of cover is determined by a range of factors, such as:
- The rebuild cost of the property
- The location of the property
- Security at the property
- The reason it is empty
A HomeProtect unoccupied property insurance policy will include cover for damage caused by squatters, vandalism or fire, which are common claims.
Vacant property insurance
- Up to £500,000 as standard for loss or damage to the structure of your property or permanent fixtures
- 10% increase in contents cover for the Christmas period and other religious festivals
- Access to a 24/7 legal advice helpline; plus up to £25,000 legal expenses cover to pay for legal support for property disputes and goods/services contract disputes
- Access to a 24/7 home emergency helpline; plus up to £600 cover to temporarily fix: burst pipes, roof damage and failure of water, gas and electricity supply
Please read policy booklet for full details.
What our customers say
Your questions answered
Prefer to talk to us?
Our friendly team can answer your questions
0330 660 1000 9am - 8pm Monday-Friday
9am - 1pm Saturday
Which month does your home insurance renew?
Tell us to receive special offers from us by email at the right time.
Plus we'll enter you in a £100 voucher prize draw now!