Terms of Website Use
The products and services featured on this Site are available to UK residents only. If you live outside the UK, you will not be eligible to purchase such products.
We will try to make this Site available but cannot guarantee that this Site will operate continuously without interruption or be error free.
Other Applicable Terms
Information About Us
This Site is operated by Avantia Insurance Ltd, trading as HomeProtect. HomeProtect is registered in England and Wales under company number 04567760 and has its registered office at 29 Thames Street, Kingston upon Thames, Greater London KT1 1PH. Our main trading address is 29 Thames Street, Kingston upon Thames, Greater London KT1 1PH. Our VAT number is 945783575.
HomeProtect does not give financial, investment or tax advice. HomeProtect is not connected in any way with the granting of credit, or the arrangement of any finance or insurance products. Any contract entered into by you for the purchase of any product or service featured on this Site, is directly between you and the provider.
The Contents of this Site
The content of this Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this Site.
Where we have shown comparisons between products and services, it is possible that we have not included all products available and some of the products may be available at a lower or higher cost than we have illustrated.
We may update this Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on this Site, we neither make nor give any representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on this Site is accurate, complete, accurate or free from errors or omissions.
If you are in any doubt about the suitability of any of the products or services featured on this Site, we strongly recommend you either contact the provider concerned direct, or discuss your specific requirements with an independent financial adviser.
We have used our best endeavours to ensure that this Site complies with UK law. However, we make no representations that the materials on this Site are appropriate or available for lawful use in locations outside the United Kingdom.
Information Provided by You
The following applies to any information you provide to us, for example during any registration process or as part of completing any online form or questionnaire:
1. You authorise us to use, store or otherwise process any Personal Information including but not limited to your name and address to the extent reasonably necessary to provide the services which are available through this Site. All such information collected by us shall be referred to in these terms and conditions as "Personal Information".
Acceptable Use Policy
This Site may only be accessed and used by a private individual or by a business to seek a product or service for themselves. Access to and use of this Site otherwise than for your own personal, non-commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and may amount to a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
You may only use this Site for your own private lawful purposes. You may not use this Site in any manner which:
• breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
• is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
• we consider, in our absolute discretion, is abusive, damaging, defamatory, discriminatory, embarrassing, harmful, harassing, inappropriate, indecent, intimidating, libellous, obscene, objectionable offensive, threatening or unethical;
• to amend, confirm, produce, reproduce, update or verify any data, databases or records;
• to generate any information which is used by any person to compete with HomeProtect;
• to tamper with, modify, reverse engineer or amend any part of this Website;
• we consider, in our absolute discretion, interferes with, disrupts or imposes an unreasonable or disproportionate burden on our technical or administrative systems;
• uses any automated or semi-automated algorithm, bot, process, robot, software (including data mining or trawling software), spider, web crawler or other screen scraping algorithm, process, program, software or system;
• to send, or procure or assist in the the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and
• to send, transmit or upload any data, or material which contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• not to copy, duplicate, or re-sell any information, data or any part of this Site in contravention of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions of website use;
• not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of this Site;
• any equipment, network or server on which this Site is stored;
• any software used in the provision of this Site.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other internet connected device.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use this Site and is compatible with this Site.
You also understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any material available for downloading from this Site will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties.
You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
External links on this Site: we are not responsible for the content or reliability of linked websites and any listing by us should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We have no control over the availability of linked pages. HomeProtect makes no representations whatsoever about any other websites which you may access through this Site or which may link to this Site. When you access any other website you understand that it is independent from HomeProtect and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website.
In addition, a link to any other website does not mean that HomeProtect endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a website or the products or services available thereon and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any other website or resource. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its respective website administrator or web master.
Linking to this Site: you must ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on this Site. Please contact HomeProtectusing the contact form, explaining how and why you wish to use such link. Please include your name, organisation, telephone number and email address.
Intellectual Property Rights
The contents of this Site are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. The owner of these rights is HomeProtect or other third party licensors. All product and company names and logos mentioned in this Site may be the trade marks, service marks or trading names of their respective owners, including us. HOMEPROTECT is a UK registered trade mark (No. 2,314,652) of Avantia Insurance Limited.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from this Site for your personal private, non-commercial use. You may not otherwise copy, distribute, modify, post, reproduce, republish, upload, use, transmit, by any means or in any manner, any material or information on or downloaded from this Site including but not limited to text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without first obtaining our prior written consent.
You must not use any part of the content on this Site for commercial purposes without first obtaining a written licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Limitation of our Liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to this Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, this Site
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on this Site
• loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
• business interruption;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
• any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Pease note that we only provide this Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use this Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
To contact us, please send us a message using the contact form.
Thank you for visiting this Site.