High Risk House Insurance Includes
- Basic Legal Expenses cover included
- Basic Home Emergency cover included
- Defaqto 5 Star home insurance
- Tailored policy to fit your needs
Often the most trendy and wealthy residential areas are those targeted by burglars. Homes in these areas, thieves assume, contain a lot of jewellery, gadgets, antiques, artwork and other desirable valuables.
If you live in a postcode with a high theft rate you’ll probably find it difficult to find suitable home insurance. Mainstream insurance companies will either refuse to provide a quote or quote a very expensive price with a very long list of exclusions and conditions. However, HomeProtect can help you.
The cost of living in a targeted area
- Average claim - theft of belongings and buildings damage caused by burglary £1,850
- Average claim - theft of bicycles £550
- Average claim - theft of itemised valuables from home £715
This information relates to average claims resulting from forcible entry into the property and theft of belongings (data from theft claims raised by HomeProtect customers 2012-2015). But some of our customers have had the misfortune of being burgled and having the buildings badly damaged and the majority of their belongings stolen, costing thousands of pounds to replace! With the right policy in place, HomeProtect will be there to help pick up the pieces if this happens to you.
Get your home insurance quote online, it’s quick and easyGet a quote!
Burglary insurance key points
No-one wants to invite thieves into their home, even with the right insurance policy in place! So we recommend taking precautions to ensure you are doing as much as you can to secure your home from burglars, including:
- Fitting secure locks to your main external doors (5 lever deadlocks conforming to BS3621)
- Fitting key operated window locks on all windows
- Investing in a safe and storing your jewellery and other small valuables in there at all times
- Install a monitored alarm at the property
- Install security lighting at vulnerable points around the property
- Request a property security audit, either contact your local police station or a private security firm who will recommend any other steps you specifically need to take at your property to deter thieves.
We needed a very specific policy which Home Protect provided at a reasonable price. Other providers either did not offer a solution at all or were very expensive.
To get an online quote, you'll need to know:
- Rebuild cost of the property
- Approximate year that the property was built
- Whether the property has suffered from a flood, structural movement, subsidence and whether it has been underpinned
- Types of locks fitted to the external doors
- Total value of all your belongings if replaced new
- List of your bicycles, tablets, mobile phones, laptops and other high risk or high value belongings
Our policy was easy to set up, communication was excellent and the renewal is effortless. Very good service. I would recommend Home Protect insurance. Trustpilot
Spoke to people who knew what they were talking about and great service. Just what is wanted. Trustpilot
I happily renewed my house insurance with this company as it covers everything I need and the price remained good on renewal unlike other companies who increase the premium after the first year. Trustpilot
Frequently asked questions
View more questions