Bed and breakfast insurance
Buildings and contents insurance for bed and breakfasts, and guesthouses
Opening your home to guests can be a great revenue stream for many. However, it’s important to take steps to make sure that your property is looked after. Standard house insurance is not suitable when you are opening your home up to paying guests, as this does bring certain risks and responsibilities with it. In light of this we’ve created an online quote journey that can be tailored to you, so if you are renting your house or just a room, we can help.
With HomeProtect, you can get an online quote in a matter of minutes. Insure your guest house and protect yourself financially. We’ll even cover you if you let out rooms via onefinestay or another room letting provider. It doesn’t matter if you have converted your whole house to a B&B or just letting a single room, we can provide a quote designed to protect your home and its contents.
Protect your home
By getting business liability insurance you can protect your home and business, as well as the people that are staying with you. Consider the different situations that you will need to be prepared for, such as accidental damage, key loss, home emergency and even malicious damage - you can never be too careful!
There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to make money from your home, so we do our best to make buildings and contents cover available at a fair premium for everyone.
Personal possessions cover
With so many guests coming in and out of your home, it’s well worth looking into the additional cover options available in case of lost, damaged and stolen items. This even applies to personal possessions outside the home so you’ll be glad to learn that with all our optional extras, there is no limit to the number of claims you can make.
Bed and breakfast insurance: key points
- Public liability insurance up to £5 million to cover accidents involving guests at your B&B.
- Buildings insurance up to £500,000, more available if necessary.
- 12 month guarantee on repairs undertaken as a result of a claim.
- Business admin equipment for your B&B covered, including computers, printers and photocopiers.
- Protection against accidents to domestic staff employed in connection with the guesthouse included.
- Bed & Breakfast home insurance also applies to Airbnb lets.