Home insurance with a claims history
If you've made a claim before, you know how important it is to have home insurance
If you have made a lot of insurance claims, or one very big one, there is a good chance that your current insurer will take steps to refuse your renewal or raise the price of your premium to deter you from renewing.
When you apply for home insurance you need to tell the insurer about any previous claims as it could affect the assessment of risk. Though many insurance providers will be discouraged by such information, HomeProtect will always consider you.
Like other insurance companies, we ask that you are honest with us but we won’t refuse to quote you because of your adverse insurance history. Please note that we’re unable to provide a quote if you have a claim that is still outstanding with another insurance company.
To get an online quote, you'll need to know
- Details about previous claims: the year, value and type of claim.
- Rebuild cost of the property.
- Approximate year that the property was built.
- Whether the property has suffered from a flood, structural movement, subsidence and whether it has been underpinned.
- Types of locks fitted to the external doors.
- Total value of all your belongings if replaced new.
- List of your bicycles, tablets, mobile phones, laptops and other high risk or high value belongings.