Invest in a policy that is tailored to your landlord status for complete confidence that you are covered
We make getting let property insurance easy
We know your rental property is an investment worth protecting, so insure your residential let with a trusted provider. No matter whether you are a live-in landlord or an ‘accidental landlord’, we can offer a competitive quote online. HomeProtect is the perfect solution for residential landlords.
Landlord buildings insurance
New customers taking out landlord buildings insurance will receive up to £7,500 of Contents cover as standard for damage which affects the property at the same time.
Cover also includes:
- £500,000 cover as standard to rebuild (more available)
- £30,000 for alternative accommodation and/or loss of rent
- £5 million public liability cover
- £1,500 accidental damage cover for windows, solar panels, bathroom fixtures, ceramic hobs or underground service pipes or cables
What does landlord insurance cover?
Landlord buildings insurance
Buildings insurance covers your home against losses from risks like fire, storm and flood. Buildings insurance covers not only the main building but also things such as interior decorations, fixtures and fittings, outbuildings, fences, etc. within the boundary of the property.
Landlord contents insurance
Contents insurance covers your household goods within the property, as well as non-permanent fittings such as carpets and curtains. Note that this doesn’t provide cover for your tenant’s belongings, they will need to purchase their own contents insurance.
Landlord home insurance key points
- Tenants are responsible for sourcing their own contents insurance (you will only need this if you are letting a furnished property).
- You should use a legitimate tenancy deposit protection scheme to ensure that tenants receive their money back, if the property is in good condition.
- Legal expenses cover can be very useful support for contract disputes, tax protection and debt recovery.
HomeProtect Landlord Insurance
- All types of let properties covered with our landlord home insurance
- Public liability up to £5 million
- No Claims Discount of up to 30%
- Cover available if property is empty between tenants
Upgrade your cover with these options:
Landlords Rent Guarantee
Protection against failed rent payments and help to evict non-paying tenants up to a maximum of £2,500 per month.
Landlords Legal Expenses cover
24/7 help to pursue or defend legal action for property damage, nuisance and trespass, repossession and recovery of rent arrears.
Landlords Home Emergency cover
Cover for call out charges, labour, parts and materials as well as emergency alternative accommodation for your tenants if the property becomes unsafe or uninhabitable.
Landlords Lost Key cover
Up to £1,500 cover for locksmith’s charges, new locks & keys, car hire and onward transport costs following the loss of your own keys.
What our customers say
Your questions answered
Prefer to talk to us?
Our friendly team can answer your questions
0330 660 1000 9am - 8pm Monday-Friday
9am - 1pm Saturday
Which month does your home insurance renew?
Tell us to receive special offers from us by email at the right time.
Plus we'll enter you in a £100 voucher prize draw now!