Landlords home emergency cover

Home insurance for landlords with 24/7 access to the help you need in an emergency
Get a Quote
landlord home emergency cover

Our landlord home emergency cover is an upgrade option to our standard landlord home insurance policies – just select it on the ‘Your quote’ page when you get a quote for landlord insurance.

If you let out residential property, landlords home emergency cover protects you against the cost of call-out charges, labour, parts, and materials – as well as emergency alternative accommodation for your tenants (up to a certain limit) – if the property becomes unsafe or uninhabitable as a result of a home emergency such as leaking pipes, heating or electrical system breakdowns, drainage problems, and vermin and security issues.

Assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year

Emergency assistance will be provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (yes, including Christmas Day!) for:

  • Burst pipes or sudden leakage.
  • Failure of your domestic power supply (gas or electricity)
  • Blocked drains or sewers.
  • An inoperable toilet where there is only one toilet at the property.
  • Failure of or damage to your property’s locks, doors or windows.
  • An infestation of pests.

If your tenant rings you with any of these, just call our emergency helpline with your policy details and we’ll handle the rest! And with HomeProtect landlord emergency assistance cover there’s no limit on the amount of callout time per year.

More details can be found in our Insurance Product Information Document (IPID).

Get a home insurance quote with landlords home emergency cover

Get a Quote

How to get Landlords home emergency cover for less

There are discounts available on the cost of Landlord home emergency cover if you buy it at the same time as Landlords legal expenses.

What to do if there’s a home emergency at your rental property

Step 1: Keep calm and tell your tenants to get to a place of safety if necessary.

Step 2: Locate your home insurance documents: you will need to give us your policy number.

Step 3: Call the 24/7 emergency helpline on 0330 660 0660. (Tip: keep this in your mobile phone in case your tenants call you when you’re away from home.)

The cover offered, particularly as a landlord, is outstanding. The cost is highly competitive and the reminders in advance of the renewal date are a great help. - Trustpilot Tuesday, 19 September 2017

Find out the cost of landlords insurance with home emergency cover

Get a Quote

Satisfied customers

The cover offered, particularly as a landlord, is outstanding. The cost is highly competitive and the reminders in advance of the renewal date are a great help. We have found that staff who answer the telephones are well informed, friendly and helpful. We wouldn't go anywhere else. Trustpilot, 19 September 2017
It is very convenience for every Landlord to issue a new insurance or renewal via internet. The policy handbook is clearly to show the details of all items, so that I can easily to choose what I want. Trustpilot, 18 May 2022
I had to change insurers when I started to let my property as previous insurers did not deal with landlord insurance. Very helpful and clear guidance made the process very easy, and very good quote. Absolutely essential firm to use if your property has had any previous issues such as structural problems, or is any way different to the norm. Could not recommend highly enough. Trustpilot, 22 March 2022