Barn conversion insurance
Get an online quote in minutes
- Any age of property covered.
- Insurance for post and truss, box construction and cruck framed barns.
- Defaqto 5 Star rated.
- Reinstatement in same materials, to original design.
Converted barn home insurance
Understanding the ins and outs of insuring your barn conversion
Barn conversions can be the perfect crossover between modern homes and country living; full of character and individuality but customised with today’s mod cons. Conversions of this nature are often a project taken on by the homeowner, or a local builder, as opposed to building firms. When it comes to insuring the property, this is something that needs to be taken into account.
What does my insurer need to know to incure my converted barn?
Barn conversions are one of a kind, so it’s best that you visit a specialist insurance provider like HomeProtect to retrieve a quote. We consider the competence of the builder, the type of building materials used and the extent of conversion carried out when underwriting your policy. That’s because we recognise that your conversion is as individual as you are, and that the one-size-fits-all approach by standard insurers just won’t cut it.
There are three main types of barn which we can insure:
- Box construction barns – the four walls of the building support the entire structure.
- Cruck framed barns – internal timber A-frames provide structural support for both the roof and the walls.
- Post and truss barns – internal timber frames support the weight of the roof by adjoining vertically with central posts.