- Properties must be located within the UK mainland.
- Properties must have a Council Tax band A to H.
- Properties must be built before 1st January 2009. Note: If a property has been demolished and rebuilt before this date, then the new building is still eligible for Flood Re.
- Properties must be used for residential purposes.
- Properties must have an individual premium.
- Leasehold flats with three or less fewer units are eligible.
- The policy holder or their immediate family must live in the home for some or all of the time, or the property must be unoccupied.
- The insurance contract must be in the name of one or more individuals, not companies.
You can find the full eligibility criteria on the Flood Re website.