Looking for help?

When do I need to get an HMO license?

A house of three storeys or more, and occupied by five or more people who are not related, is classed as a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO). You will need to obtain a licence through your local council to lease this property legally.

Find out more about HMOs for landlords.

Back to questions