Looking for help?

What do I have to pay if I make a claim?

The amount you have to pay if you make a claim is called the policy excess.

There is a minimum standard excess of £100.

To help reduce your premium by up to 30%, you can opt at the time of purchase to pay a voluntary excess in the event of a claim. You can choose to set the voluntary excess somewhere between £50 and £900.

There are also separate excesses for flooding, subsidence/landslip/heave, escape of oil and escape of water claims.

Back to questions