DIY insurance

Protecting yourself from DIY disasters
Get a quote!

DIY home insurance

DIY can seem like the ideal solution to your small repair job. However, homeowners who make changes to their property without following expert advice can soon find themselves struggling with much larger issues. If you have a go at fixing a leaky tap and end up causing damage to the pipe and flooding your kitchen, then you could soon be wishing that you had DIY insurance in place!

Accidental Damage cover

A HomeProtect policy has two options when it comes to Accidental Damage cover within the home. Basic cover can protect you from small misfortunes, such as damaging sanitary ware, your underground water supply and fixed glassware. However, if you're doing a lot of DIY, you may want to upgrade to full accidental damage which covers you for DIY disasters like drilling through a water pipe.

Homeowners planning larger projects or making structural changes will need renovation insurance. Accidental Damage cover is not available while renovations are being conducted.

If you are considering renovations, get in touch and we can discuss modifying your cover to take insurance for building work into account.

Planning some DIY? Get insurance for house repairs and maintenance

Get a quote!

It was a totally hassle free experience and over £200 cheaper than my previous insurer's new quote for exactly the same cover. Thursday, 23 March 2017

Delve into the detail

  • What's covered, what's not.
  • How to purchase.
  • How to claim.
  • What excesses are payable.

Review the Policy Booklet

Satisfied customers

Member of staff was helpful and understood my need to insure a vacant property undergoing renovation. Good insurance for a good price. Review Centre, 11 July 2017
The team member I spoke to was very thorough regarding my home improvement plans. He gave me reasonable advice about what policy I would need, and was honest about what I didn't need at this stage. He ensured I knew what conditions I would need to meet to ensure the policy remained valid regarding which contractors I chose. Thankfully I haven't needed to make a claim, so don't know what the team would be like in that case. Trustpilot, 21 August 2017
HomeProtect home insurance are highly rated in the Defaqto comparison system and offer additional services in the standard premium (legal expense cover etc.) that cost so much more with other companies, I have been with HomeProtect for three years now and have always checked on price comparison sites to get a better deal but never found one. Trustpilot, 31 January 2017