Glasses insurance

Cover for spectacles as part of your home contents insurance

HomeProtect contents insurance policies cover your glasses and prescription sunglasses for damage and theft from within your home as standard.

Cover away from the home

To be insured for damage to your glasses away from the home and theft of your spectacles away from the home, simply include the value of your glasses in the total amount to be insured under general possessions cover, when you get your online quote.

Accidental damage

You can also opt for accidental damage cover which will cover you if you sit on your glasses and break the glasses frames, or your toddler knocks your spectacles off your face, then you’re going to need help getting them repaired or replaced quickly so you can get on with your life. 

Low excess

Our Claims team work hard to turn around claims very quickly. There’s only a £100 compulsory excess applied to the policy, meaning that the first £100 of your new or repaired pair of glasses is paid by you, but the rest is covered by the home insurance policy.

Frequently asked questions

I want to insure my glasses, will they be insured against accidental damage?

Not as standard no, but you can opt to add accidental damage cover for your contents insurance which will include accidental damage to your spectacles. Note that, in the case of making a claim, as with all insurance policies, there will be an excess to pay. Read about the excesses in the Policy Booklet.

Are my glasses covered by contents insurance?

Yes. However if the glasses/spectacles are worth more than £1,500, and if you need cover away from the home you will need to list them separately as high value items.

Can I claim if I sit on my glasses?

Yes, if you purchased Accidental damage cover for your contents insurance.

Can I claim if my pet damaged my glasses?

No, sorry but you are not insured for damage to your contents caused by your pets.

Can I claim if my glasses are stolen?

Yes, the policy covers you for theft of your glasses from the home. If they were stolen away from the home, you can claim for this if you had included the value of the glasses in your General possessions cover when you bought the policy.

Can I buy insurance cover for my glasses on their own?

No, we can only provide cover for your glasses as part of a Contents policy.

Find out how much your contents insurance with glasses cover would cost

Get a quote
One phone call, I explained the claim and it was agreed within minutes, then the money was in my bank 48hrs later, what more could you ask for, great service Friday, 23 June 2017

Satisfied customers

We contacted HomeProtect after having problems with our other insurance company. We looked on line first and they come up with HomeProtect so we contacted them and from the start they were very helpful and we took out our insurance. Also at Christmas they did a insurance so it covered our Christmas presents which was a surprise and an excellent idea. We would recommend them to anyone. Excellent service. Trustpilot, 1 March 2017
Was dealt with very professionally answered all my questions clearly. Came back with a very competitive quote. Thank you will insure with you again great service, April 2022
After shopping around I settled on the policy from Homeprotect as the terms and conditions matched my previous policy, but it was around £150 cheaper. The online forms were easy to understand and it was simple to set up. Trustpilot, 3 Jan 2022