Looking for help?

What happens if I can’t live in my property because of loss or damage?

If your property becomes unsafe to live in due to an insured event that has caused you to make a claim, then you will be able to move into temporary accommodation whilst the repair work is undertaken.

The policy will cover either loss of rent (if your property is let to tenants) or the cost of the alternative accommodation for yourself and other residents.

Please check your Policy Schedule for the maximum amount you can claim for.

Back to questions