Landlords contents insurance

Contents insurance for landlords with residential rental properties
Get a Quote

Landlord contents insurance covers your household goods within a property you rent out, as well as non-permanent fittings such as curtains and blinds.

Note that landlord contents insurance doesn’t protect your tenant’s belongings – tenants should to purchase their own contents insurance.

If you’re a live-in landlord with a lodger living in your own home, check out our specialist insurance cover for live-in homeowners with lodgers instead.

Furnished properties

If you let your property furnished, having specialist contents insurance for landlords cover gives you peace of mind that all of the items at the property are protected should the unexpected happen. For example, if there was a fire, the policy would replace – on a new-for-old basis – items such as white goods, sofas, tables and chairs, beds, wardrobes, and other furniture.

Unfurnished properties

Customers taking out landlord buildings insurance get up to £7,500 per claim of contents cover when there is damage which affects the building at the same time. If your rental property is unfurnished, this amount may be adequate to protect your contents, however it’s important that you check this level of cover is adequate for your situation before deciding that additional contents cover is unnecessary.

Landlord buildings and contents insurance

With Homeprotect, landlords can take out contents insurance on its own, or as part of a combined landlords buildings and contents policy.

Need contents insurance for your rental property?

Get an online quote now!

Satisfied customers

The cover offered, particularly as a landlord, is outstanding. The cost is highly competitive and the reminders in advance of the renewal date are a great help. We have found that staff who answer the telephones are well informed, friendly and helpful. We wouldn't go anywhere else. Trustpilot, 19 September 2017
I had to change insurers when I started to let my property as previous insurers did not deal with landlord insurance. Very helpful and clear guidance made the process very easy, and very good quote. Absolutely essential firm to use if your property has had any previous issues such as structural problems, or is any way different to the norm. Could not recommend highly enough. Trustpilot, 22 March 2022
It is very convenience for every Landlord to issue a new insurance or renewal via internet. The policy handbook is clearly to show the details of all items, so that I can easily to choose what I want. Trustpilot, 18 May 2022